Kentucky Bound

Well, as some of you know, I'm off to the University of Kentucky to finish up my Ph.D. As a researcher, it'll be a dream come true to be supported and nurtured by some of the best scholars in our discipline as I further develop my research line on marriage and family rituals. UK is home to some of the top "applied" researchers in the world and I can't wait to be surrounded and invigorated by them.
It'll be quite a change, being away from my loving hubby and all. But, thankfully, he is my number one fan and supports my pursuits and dreams. He loves my goals. And I love him for loving me AND my goals, even when they take me half way across the country. We'll be crafting some "loving little rituals" as a long-distance couple for the next nine months, I'm sure.
Another big supporter? My best friend from grad school, Jen, and her four month old son, Hayden. I went to visit her in Duluth last month and Hayden happened to be wearing a UK shirt. I'm so thankful for Jen's encouragement! And for Hayden's public display of support, too. I'll be sure to send the whole family some UK gear once I arrive next week. Jen, LL.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home