Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Wii !!!

If you've been paying attention to the stories I've been digging, I'm getting a little excited about the Wii (formerly the Revolution), Nintendo's next-gen gaming console. It uses an innovative remote-control looking controller that is motion sensitive. For example, to throw a football, you make a throwing gesture with the controller. I think that it will make for some really great game play, both for gamers and people who don't play.

Previously, I had been holding out for the PS3. I was really excited about it's ability to play Blue-Ray Discs (one of two next-gen high definition movie formats), and hoping for a price point lower than most stand-alone Blue-Ray players. As pricing has come out though ($600 for a full featured console, and $500 for a slightly weaker version), the idea of a $250 (rumored) Wii is really exciting. Besides, you can't beat Nintendo's games. Metroid Prime 3, and the new Zelda game are reason enough to get the console for me. Add-in the ability to download old games for Nintendo systems, and you've got a winner in my mind.

Update (12:21 a.m. 2006-05-10): To get a feel for how the system will work, you should check out this video of Shigeru Miyamoto (creator of Mario Bros, Director and General Manager of Nintendo) playing Mario Tennis on the Wii. Maybe now Anna will game with me!

posted by Brent at 6:31 PM

1 Comments:

Blogger T-Mu said...

I'm still not quite sure if i like console games...but if I were to get one it would be the Wii. But why call it the Wii?? Does it make you go weeeee when you play?

1:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Previous Posts

  • I went out and bought a grill this past weekend. ...
  • 42
  • Fun Easter
  • laying low
  • OMG look at this robot
  • To find the dopest route...
  • OMG!!! It's Soooooo Cute!
  • Big Announcement
  • Brent agrees with ER
  • St. Patrick's Day